"I'm Rich Bitch!"
Chapelle’s Show burst onto the scene a few years back and was an instant sensation. It became one of my favorite sketch comedy shows in the process. I’m still holding out hope that he actually resumes doing the show, but considering the fact that Comedy Central went ahead with airing portions of what he filmed for season 3, I’m figuring this was a short lived classic. I was watching season 1 today on DVD and figured it was time for a top 10 of my favorite Chapelle’s show sketches up to this point:10. The Racial Draft – Bill Burr guests in this one as stars pick a race/ethnicity. Dave does a funny rendition of Tiger Woods.
9. Samuel L. Jackson…beer – My favorite fake commercial. Dave is hilarious when he does Jackson. Classic Quotes: “It’ll get you drunk!!!”,“Mmmm…Mmmm bitch!”
8. The Niggar family – Classic play on the word. Dave tops it off as the black milkman.
7. Blackzilla – Dave takes on Godzilla in Tokyo as he fornicates with a volcano afterwards.
6. Trading spouses – Dave plays the tough black guy and the nerdy white guy as both switch wives. Classic quote: “Titty residue”
5. Tyrone Biggums visits an elementary school – Dave plays crack fiend Tyrone Biggums as he attempts to tell kids not to do drugs. Instead, he tells them how to find it and shits in a garbage can in front of them. Classic quote: “Do y’all know what dog food tastes like do ya?…..it tastes just like it smells………delicious!”
4. Black White Supremacist – The first great sketch and one of the best. Dave plays a blind black man who is a white supremacist in the KKK. “Sir! In no way shape or form am I associated with any niggerdom!”
3. Prince Ballin’ – Charlie Murphy tells another classic story about hooking up with Prince and playing him in basketball. Charlie Murphy was hilarious once he found out Prince wanted to play basketball. Dave does a funny ass Prince impression.
2. R. Kelly Video – Dave depicts a new R. Kelly video talking about pissing on women and shitting on them. Just listening to the crowd crack up during this sketch says it all. The only thing I may have laughed harder at watching was Monty Python and the Holy Grail the first time I saw that.
1. Rick James – When I first saw this I couldn’t believe how Dave had topped himself again. It’s by far the best Chappelle Show sketch. Charlie Murphy tells the story of his exploits with Rick James and the trouble Rick would get himself in. Classic quote: “I’m Rick James bitch!”
For those of you who haven’t been there yet, check out Dave’s soundboard at the Comedy Central site. It’s got a lot of the good stuff on there:
http://www.comedycentral.com/shows/chappelles_show/extras/chap_soundboard.jhtml

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home