Modell shows up on Cleveland radio...

On local radio (WTAM 1100) obnoxious fat man and afternoon radio host Mike Trivisonno interviewed Art Modell live from Baltimore. I can’t remember if I’ve ever heard him interact with the Cleveland media about this so I tuned in. Art sounded old and similar to Morty Seinfeld. Trivisonno for the most part kissed his ass as he does to anyone who comes on his show but he did skirt around a few tough questions about the move.
My impression: Art spent a lot of time justifying his move to Baltimore and how he was mistreated in the process. He spoke of his investment in the city and the lack of respect he received in return by city officials. He spoke of his financial quandary after he lent money to certain causes to the city, yet they wouldn’t renovate his stadium. All of this seemed to be a beef between him and the city’s higher ups, but not once during the time I listened, did he talk about the fans and what it meant to us that he would be moving the Browns to Baltimore. I just get the impression that while he may have had legitimate issues with his finances, and the city of Cleveland, he didn’t think hard enough about the most import part of the team….the fans. The Browns became a business transaction to him.
In summary, I don't feel any different about Modell than I do now and he'll still be hated here in Cleveland. His excuses are weak. Just because he was hurting a little bit, he had to break the hearts of legions of fans in the process. It’s because of him ladies and gentleman that we fans of the Browns now have to watch the crap product we have now.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home