Movie of the Day
In this blog, I'll give brief reviews of movies I love or have seen recently. I won't go too much indepth, but I'll still rate them.Yesterday, my wife and I went to see a movie. The initial selection was Capote, but it didn't quite fit in to our schedule of going earlier and getting some grub around 6. So, I talked her into going to see The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe.
I like all those fantasy/adventure type movies, but this one was more for kids than the others I like to see. It was quite weird sitting in a theater around a bunch of kids. We must of been only a handful of grownups without kids in there.
Cutting to the chase, Narnia was a still an entertaining movie that I enjoyed throroughly. Narnia centers around 4 sibling children, who were separated from their parents during World War II to be safe. They ended up staying with this big-time professor in a mansion. The youngest girl finds a wardrobe in the mansion while playing hide and seek, and discovers that this wardrobe is a gateway to another world called Narnia.
From there, an epic adventure takes place as all 4 children end up in Narnia and they are relied upon to save Narnia from 100 years of despair. The movie is based off the classic novel by C.S. Lewis that has a lot of parallels between Christianity and the story. Without giving anything else away, I'll sum it it up for you: Narnia is an excellent movie despite getting a little violent at times for kids, and being a little corny at times for grownups. It runs a bit long (my wife can atest as the boy behind her started getting antsy and started kicking her chair), but it is a great story that adults and children can all enjoy.
For shits and giggles I'll come up with a 10 point scoring system and give this movie an 8 out of 10.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home