Browns: Day 2 Preview
After Day 1, it’s safe to say the Browns made 2 good picks and 1 really weird one. It’s as if Phil Savage and Romeo Crennel got drunk (or high) celebrating their first two picks by the time their pick was up in the 3rd round. There had to be some booze flowing in that war room. Now lets’ take a look at the Browns’ needs going into Day 2 and I’ll list some players that could fill those spots. The Browns have 7 picks today, which should give them plenty of opportunities to snag a diamond in the rough:1. Nose Tackle: Enemy Michigan NT Gabe Watson is still available here. I have a feeling he won’t last too long to start the day, however the Browns should consider him if he does make it to their 1st 4th round selection. Others to consider: Rod Wright from Texas and Jesse Mahelona from Tennessee.
2.RB: The Browns could greatly help Ruben Droughns by getting him a solid change of pace backup that can be relied upon. I’m not sure I like the talent remaining. Perhaps Florida State RB Leon Washington would be the one player I wouldn’t mind seeing drafted early today to help compete for that spot. If not, I guess we’ll have to rely on Lee Suggs, who could get hurt at any moment.
3. OL: I Grouped OL together here as I feel that anyone they draft at this point today would be a good pickup for any of the positions. Max-Jean Gilles is still on the board from Georgia as well as Ohio State Lineman Rob Sims.
4. Safety: I still feel the Browns could use a 4th player to compete at Safety with the other 3 so they could use a guy here before they would take a CB in my opinion. I like Darnell Bing out of USC, and Ko Simpson out of South Carolina, both of whom are still available. They could also grab Nate Salley from Ohio State a little lower (possibly).
5. CB: I’m not impressed a whole lot with what is remaining at CB, but the Browns could pick a guy like Alan Zemaitis from Penn State to mix it up in the depth chart to help try to round out the 4th CB spot.
6. FB: None of these guys have been picked yet, but I wouldn’t mind seeing the Browns get a better backup for Terrelle Smith, or even draft a guy who could second as a pass catching FB. That guy who can do that is Garret Mills out of Tulsa. Mills will be a converted TE, who could be a nice extra option out there to help mix up your offense and add some spice to it. Quadtrine Hill is also available out of Miami.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home