NFL Draft Notebook: Rounds 2 & 3
Be sure to check out the Round 1 Draft Notebook below this. It’s pretty huge. This round, I’ll shorten it up quite a bit.
5:11 - Round 2 has begun and the Browns have already moved up to the 2nd pick in that round. Interesting development. After the Texans selected DeMeco Ryans to start it off, the Browns have something big in store here. They moved quickly to select D’Qwell Jackson…ILB from Maryland who will instantly compete for that vacant MLB spot next to Andra Davis.
5:19 – The Browns switched 2nd rounders with the Saints and gave them Jeff Faine in the process! Interesting. We basically swapped Centers with them. You could equate Faine’s value at around a 5th rounder or so when you look at this deal to move up 9 spots. Wow. Not sure what to think here. I guess it’s good that they didn’t have to give up any of their stock-piled picks.
5:24 – The Redskins moved up and gave up a lot to select Rocky McIntosh from Miami at OLB. They gave up a 2nd rounder in next year’s draft, a 6th rounder this year, and their low 2nd rounder. That was a bit much if you ask me.
5:26 – The Patriots selected WR Chad Jackson and finally got him off the board. It will be interesting to see if a Florida WR finally gets it done at a high level in the NFL. He’ll be counted on big time.
5:35 – Javon Walker goes to the Broncos for their 2nd round pick! Walker got his way and the Packers got a 2nd rounder in the process. I think both teams win here. That’s a favorable return on a disgruntled player who pretty much forced Green Bay’s hand here. Then Green Bay deals that 2nd rounder to the Falcons as the Falcons quickly pounce on CB Jimmy Williams, who played with current Falcon DeAngelo Hall. Crazy.
6:26 – After a nice dinner, I return to see OT Winston Justice joining the Eagles, WR Sinorice Moss going to the Giants, and LenDale White finally coming off the board and going to Tennessee. Nice shirt LenDale (Got Robbed?).
6:40 – The Jets moved up to select the 4th QB in the draft, Kellen Clemens out of Oregon. He’ll join a pack of mediocre guys over there as he vies for a chance to play. If Chad Pennington is healthy and is throwing well, forget about it, but if he isn’t, Clemens might have a shot to move past Patrick Ramsey and Pennington.
7:01 – I’m ready to put my head through the TV. I can’t stand that catwalk theme they’re using. Stop it already!!!
7:06 – Trent Green has done a very good job today as a player analyst during the draft. He’s very well spoken and very knowledgeable. I like Torry Holt as well. Both those guys would be great to have up front in place of Michael Irvin. I miss Corey Chavous on ESPN though. He was a draft nut.
8:36 – After a long rest from this here’s some of the big notables: Chicago gets big-time return man Devin Hester from Miami, Jacksonville gets more RB help with Maurice Drew, Houston gets OT Eric Winston from Miami, top Iowa LB Abdul Hodge joins fellow Big 10 stand-out AJ Hawk in Green Bay, and Wisconsin RB Brian Calhoun goes to Detroit. The biggest development though? The Bills obsession with Ohio State DBs as Ashton Youboty becomes the second Ohio State DB to go to the team today. That makes 4 Ohio State DBs that have played for this team in the last 5 years. Wow.
8:41 – Green Bay gets set to pick their 5th player on Day 1. Not a bad amount of picks for a team that badly needs to restock its team. Let’s see where they go now. I like what they’ve done so far with the two LBs, sleeper WR Greg Jennings, and Daryn Colledge. Green Bay goes with OG/C Jason Spitz out of Louisville, and they have their 6th Day 1 pick yet to come. I like the mix of picks this team has made.
8:44 – The New York Jets selected their second Ohio State player of the day in picking LB Anthony Schlegel. Nice pickup by these guys as I think Schlegel will have a decent NFL career. We’ll see.
8:46 – Cleveland’s last pick is coming up tonight. Let’s see what direction they go…the selection is…Travis Wilson? Hmmm interesting pickup. Wilson wasn’t anything spectacular at Oklahoma, but Cleveland does need to add some depth to the WR corps and Wilson is a tough WR with a little size to him.
9:20 – WOW. Marcus Vick’s interview was hilarious. That dude looked to be the most in-sincere guy I’ve ever heard. He sounded so fake, and so stoned at the same time. I can’t wait to see if someone takes this guy. Hey…maybe Jerry Jones and the Cowboys will pick him to pair him up with T.O.? That would be Grrrreat!
Well I’m ending this thing early. I’ll touch up on some things from day 1 and talk about who I think the Browns should pick in Round 4 to start things off tomorrow. I’ll keep introducing the new Browns and at some point I’ll review the whole draft for them.
5:11 - Round 2 has begun and the Browns have already moved up to the 2nd pick in that round. Interesting development. After the Texans selected DeMeco Ryans to start it off, the Browns have something big in store here. They moved quickly to select D’Qwell Jackson…ILB from Maryland who will instantly compete for that vacant MLB spot next to Andra Davis.
5:19 – The Browns switched 2nd rounders with the Saints and gave them Jeff Faine in the process! Interesting. We basically swapped Centers with them. You could equate Faine’s value at around a 5th rounder or so when you look at this deal to move up 9 spots. Wow. Not sure what to think here. I guess it’s good that they didn’t have to give up any of their stock-piled picks.
5:24 – The Redskins moved up and gave up a lot to select Rocky McIntosh from Miami at OLB. They gave up a 2nd rounder in next year’s draft, a 6th rounder this year, and their low 2nd rounder. That was a bit much if you ask me.
5:26 – The Patriots selected WR Chad Jackson and finally got him off the board. It will be interesting to see if a Florida WR finally gets it done at a high level in the NFL. He’ll be counted on big time.
5:35 – Javon Walker goes to the Broncos for their 2nd round pick! Walker got his way and the Packers got a 2nd rounder in the process. I think both teams win here. That’s a favorable return on a disgruntled player who pretty much forced Green Bay’s hand here. Then Green Bay deals that 2nd rounder to the Falcons as the Falcons quickly pounce on CB Jimmy Williams, who played with current Falcon DeAngelo Hall. Crazy.6:26 – After a nice dinner, I return to see OT Winston Justice joining the Eagles, WR Sinorice Moss going to the Giants, and LenDale White finally coming off the board and going to Tennessee. Nice shirt LenDale (Got Robbed?).
6:40 – The Jets moved up to select the 4th QB in the draft, Kellen Clemens out of Oregon. He’ll join a pack of mediocre guys over there as he vies for a chance to play. If Chad Pennington is healthy and is throwing well, forget about it, but if he isn’t, Clemens might have a shot to move past Patrick Ramsey and Pennington.
7:01 – I’m ready to put my head through the TV. I can’t stand that catwalk theme they’re using. Stop it already!!!
7:06 – Trent Green has done a very good job today as a player analyst during the draft. He’s very well spoken and very knowledgeable. I like Torry Holt as well. Both those guys would be great to have up front in place of Michael Irvin. I miss Corey Chavous on ESPN though. He was a draft nut.
8:36 – After a long rest from this here’s some of the big notables: Chicago gets big-time return man Devin Hester from Miami, Jacksonville gets more RB help with Maurice Drew, Houston gets OT Eric Winston from Miami, top Iowa LB Abdul Hodge joins fellow Big 10 stand-out AJ Hawk in Green Bay, and Wisconsin RB Brian Calhoun goes to Detroit. The biggest development though? The Bills obsession with Ohio State DBs as Ashton Youboty becomes the second Ohio State DB to go to the team today. That makes 4 Ohio State DBs that have played for this team in the last 5 years. Wow.
8:41 – Green Bay gets set to pick their 5th player on Day 1. Not a bad amount of picks for a team that badly needs to restock its team. Let’s see where they go now. I like what they’ve done so far with the two LBs, sleeper WR Greg Jennings, and Daryn Colledge. Green Bay goes with OG/C Jason Spitz out of Louisville, and they have their 6th Day 1 pick yet to come. I like the mix of picks this team has made.
8:44 – The New York Jets selected their second Ohio State player of the day in picking LB Anthony Schlegel. Nice pickup by these guys as I think Schlegel will have a decent NFL career. We’ll see.
8:46 – Cleveland’s last pick is coming up tonight. Let’s see what direction they go…the selection is…Travis Wilson? Hmmm interesting pickup. Wilson wasn’t anything spectacular at Oklahoma, but Cleveland does need to add some depth to the WR corps and Wilson is a tough WR with a little size to him.
9:20 – WOW. Marcus Vick’s interview was hilarious. That dude looked to be the most in-sincere guy I’ve ever heard. He sounded so fake, and so stoned at the same time. I can’t wait to see if someone takes this guy. Hey…maybe Jerry Jones and the Cowboys will pick him to pair him up with T.O.? That would be Grrrreat!Well I’m ending this thing early. I’ll touch up on some things from day 1 and talk about who I think the Browns should pick in Round 4 to start things off tomorrow. I’ll keep introducing the new Browns and at some point I’ll review the whole draft for them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home