Quick Ramblings: PC games, iPods, Cavs, etc...
First I would like to thank Vinny and the Hornless Rhino for the site mention. Be sure to check that site out when you get a chance. They're on top of Cleveland sports' news and other great stuff on a daily basis and give you a lot of good links to check out in the process. They compiled a pretty good post on the Browns' draft yesterday. I'll be a regular over there now checking out what they have to offer. It's a nicely done site.Lately, my free time has been flying by with all the stuff I like to do in my spare time. If there's one thing about never being bored and having a million different hobbies and interests to keep you busy, it's that you never seem to have enough time to yourself to do these things. For those even remotely interested in what I like to do, it's simple: play guitar, play bass, play the keyboard, write music, watch DVDs of TV shows and my favorite movies, still get some gaming in at my old age (NERD!), write on these blog sites, post in the Bitterfans forum, listen to my 850+ CDs (not all at once..that would be a record), play golf, watch sports, work out, party, and more. There's not enough time in the day for this shit...plus I got a wife I like to spend time with too.
Moving along: For those of you with an iPod, here's a message from Captain Obvious: Be sure you copy your songs to an external hard drive or something when reloading your PC. I'm just now getting to reloading my 60 gig iPod and it's a pain in the ass. I reloaded this damn PC 3 weeks or so ago. I just got some of my favorite metal to work out to on there first so I could work out. It's almost like you can't work out once you don't have the good music to work out to. Some of the stuff I listen to are Pantera, Anthrax, Slayer, and a bunch of other old school thrash metal bands. You can't beat that when it comes to finding good stuff to motivate you through a workout.
Those of you who like punk, I just listened to the new NOFX CD (Wolves in Wolves' Clothing) and will be putting that on the iPod as well. The new album sounds pretty good so far, but it usually takes a week or so to figure out exactly how I feel about an album. These guys keep getting older and older and still seem to put out good music. They've been going at it now for 20+ years. Wow. Hats off to them.
On the flip side, I'm now finding it really hard not to sit on the computer all night as I finally got around to playing The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on the PC. I'm usually a sports' game guy, and a Counter Strike guy, but this game is unbelievable. It's probably one of the best games I've ever played since I got hooked for good on the shit way back in college. I don't see one flaw with it. Here's the quick rundown on the game: You pick a guy, spend hours figuring out what he looks like and then go off on your own in a new world doing whatever the hell you want for hours on end in a gigantic world that you couldn't even come close to visiting all in 1 sitting (make that several sittings). It's got the RPG flavor to it but there's just so much more to it as well. This game is huge and can probably keep you busy for months if you let it. I've never seen a game this big before and to top it off, it looks spectacular.
Somewhere between all this I'm getting revved up for the Cavs tonight. We already discussed this yesterday, but these guys need to come out and play even tougher than they did Saturday. The Wiz are going to be ready for this one, and we need to make sure we don't let up. Going to DC with a 2-0 lead will put us in a great spot. Great sports' night tonight....Cavs, Indians vs BoSox, and more. Can't wait...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home