April Fools
Well…it’s April Fool’s Day and we’ve already had a few signs of chicanery on the internet this morning and on TV last night.Did anyone see the Best Damn Sports’ Show Period last night? I just happened to tune in just at the right time to see Giants’ DE Michael Strahan whining about Tiki Barber again, and Tom Arnold was getting a little irritated with Strahan. Before you knew it, Arnold and Strahan started fighting with each other (physically), and Rodney Peete, and Rob Dibble came darting in to try and break it up.
It looked as if Strahan even got hurt in the scuffle after Dibble looked to have accidentally fell on him the wrong way. Strahan was favoring one of his shoulders and was lying on the floor in pain. Without any explanation, the show cut the feed and was gone.
For 5 minutes I thought I witnessed something rare so I got online to see if there was any news on it, and then it hit me…it was April Fool’s day! Good one by the Best Damn staff! They actually had me for a little bit there. At this point I’d be totally shocked if that was real.
Here’s another, more obvious, April Fool’s prank at MSNBC. The columnist is saying that NFL Draft Prospect Matt Leinart is about to drop the NFL for ballroom dancing:
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12059585/
Anyways, be on the lookout for more of these goofy fake articles and news stories today. There are always worth a good chuckle at first but can get old if you run into too many of them.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home