CDub's Sports & Entertainment

Chris, from Bitterfans, opens up to you, the few, who somehow found this site.

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Sports' Overload

March Madness started a few days ago, (hence my absence from the site for a few days) and my brackets have taken their annual plunge after the first round. Inexplicably, I had Michigan State getting to the Elite 8, and I had Winthrop going to the Sweet 16 so I’m hurting at the moment. I’m sure other people in my pool don’t want to hear me bitching. There were a couple guys who must have been high on acid as they picked Kansas to win it ALL. Right now, my teams to hit the final (Duke and Connecticut – safe picks) are still alive, so I have somewhat of a chance.

With everything else going on around sports, there’s been a lot of stuff to follow so I’ll touch on a few things:

In baseball: On www.bitterfans.com, we have covered divisional previews and fantasy previews in baseball. We’ve also recorded a couple podcasts that we’re trying to put out there for listen. I just started my 2006 minor league baseball rankings as well so keep an eye on that. There’s a lot to cover on there so keep visiting if you’re a fan of the MLB.

In Basketball: Stephon Marbury proved why he’ll always be a loser, and Larry Brown (most of the time) will be a winner. How do you go against a proven winning coach just because you can’t play your selfish sloppy kind of basketball that doesn’t win ball games? This whole episode between the two just proves how much of an imbecile Stephon Marbury is, and why his teams never go anywhere. Not even the Road Warrior, Larry Brown, can turn that shit-hole of a franchise around right now.

In Football: After 1 week of the NFL Free Agency period, a good chunk of the players on the market have found homes, and a good chunk of the teams with money to spend, have spent it all as if they had an expensive drug addiction. Some of the big spenders including my Browns, and the usual suspects: the Redskins. The Redskins will usually sign a player if he so as much makes eye contact with owner Daniel Snyder. This is new to the Browns and sparks thought: is GM Phil Savage always going to be going nuts like this now that John Collins is not their to put a chain on him? We shall soon see.

Tomorrow, I’ll wind up the week in Free Agency, with some of the signings and more Browns’ news.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home