CDub's Sports & Entertainment

Chris, from Bitterfans, opens up to you, the few, who somehow found this site.

Monday, February 06, 2006

More Pain and Suffering in Cleveland

Ahhhh…the life of a Cleveland fan. I'm only 28 and I've had a lifetime of pain and suffering as a sports fan. While certain teams in each sport have had their fair share of suffering over a long period of time, is there a city that has suffered for as long as the Cleveland fans have? I think not. Feel free to dispute it. Besides Indianapolis, I can't think of too many cities that haven't won a championship in any of their teams major sports besides Cleveland since 1964. How can I have so much to be bitter about as a fan of the 3 sports’ teams in this city? Let me count the ways:

1. The Drive
2. The Fumble
3. The Shot
4. Bottlegate
5. The Defection (Carlos Boozer)
6. Modell rips our football team away
7. The new football team stinks
8. Modell wins a Super Bowl with the Ravens
9. Belichick becomes the next Lombardi after leaving Cleveland
10. Mesa blows game 7 in 97
11. Indians’ bats go dead in 95 World Series
12. The many decades the Indians blew
13. The many years the Cavs blew
14. The new Browns’ draft luck
15. The new Browns’ injury luck
16. No championship since ’64

17. The Steelers win Super Bowl XL

There’s a laundry list of things to be bitter about. Last night was the latest. It is a hard pill to swallow as a Browns’ diehard when it comes to the rivalry between the Steelers and the Browns. They own us right now, and last night, they reached the pinnacle of the sport by winning the Super Bowl. Now…legions of Steelers’ fans will be even more obnoxious than before and piss on us more while we’re down. I don’t like it. Perhaps we can get an explanation of their Super Bowl win from their true MVP: The refs.

OK…Enough whining. That’s all I do. Pittsburgh is good and the Browns are bad. It’s that simple and it has to change. I can’t take anymore. Does anyone have some more salt and lemon juice for these gaping wounds I’ve suffered as a Cleveland fan?

(By the way Browns’ fans: Visit www.thebrownsvan.com for some tailgating fun and the loveable Browns’ van.)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    www.donth8.blogspot.com

    www.gettothecenter.blogspot.com

    www.OfficiatingSucks.blogspot.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home