For The Love Of The iPod
I bought a 60GB iPod Photo last year that has been one of the best investments I've made to support my expansive taste in just about every form of music out there. I'm a bit of a connoisseur when it comes to music. I like hard rock, rap, metal, punk, classic rock, jazz, a little bit of country, folk, and some pop. I’m closing in on 8,000 songs on this thing from the 850+ albums I own. Luckily, I work at a place where I can play this ‘at a reasonable volume’. Milton from Office Space would love working where I’m at.One of the best things about having 8,000 songs on the iPod is the ability to throw it on shuffle mode and just let it roll throughout the day. That’s always fun to see who the hell will be coming up next. While I like the shuffle, I also like hitting up some of my favorite artists depending on the mood I’m in. Here’s the 10 artists I’ve been listening to the most lately:
1. The Darkness – Reviving arena rock and hair metal all in one corny swoop. It’s a guilty pleasure listening to these guys and their lead singer sounds like a chick, but it’s some pretty good straight forward Rock N Roll. Their latest sounds a little like Queen.
2. Bruce Springsteen – I have 6 albums by The Boss and two greatest hits CDs of his so I’m covering a lot of ground. The newest CD release Devils and Dust is mellow and goes well with a few beers.
3. Ryan Adams – The Alt/Country/Rock guru who released 3 CDs last year. As a songwriter, it’s nice to listen to this guy.
4. Common – I own only one of this soulful rapper’s CDs, but I wouldn’t mind picking up some more of this guy’s shit. Be is one of the better rap albums I’ve heard in a while.
5. The Replacements – The drunken rockers from the 80s were one of the best alternative rockers from the decade of excess.
6. Wilco – Alt/Country/Rock band from the late 90s to now. Each of the 4 albums I have of them have at least one song I can’t stop listening to.
7. Prince – Playing Dirty Mind a lot right now and thinking about Charlie Murphy’s true Hollywood tales.
8. Anthrax – One of my favorite metal bands and nice to listen to during a workout or when I’m pissed off at the state of Cleveland sports.
9. Lagwagon – Borderline pop-punk but their shit is addictive.
10. Mitch Hedberg – R.I.P. Mitch. This dude was so damn funny. One of my favorite comedians.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home