CDub's Sports & Entertainment

Chris, from Bitterfans, opens up to you, the few, who somehow found this site.

Friday, February 10, 2006

Coming Up: Football Withdrawal

We have approached the annual sports' depression period. I don't mind NCAA basketball, NHL Hockey, and I like the NBA..but this has to be the worst month of the year for sports. March will get things rolling again with Spring Training, the World Baseball Classic and most importantly, March Madness. But I'm already missing the NFL and NCAA football.

With a complete mockery of a football game coming up this weekend, it's safe to say that football is over. After an extremely disappointing end to the season, I get to ignore the Pro Bowl for a record 4th straight year as no Browns' players were invited. The Browns have only had 1 player make it to the Pro Bowl since returning in 1999: LB Jamir Miller. 1 Pro Bowler in 7 seasons. Is that some kind of record low?

While I skip the shitty Pro Bowl this weekend, I'll be looking forward to the NFL Free Agency period and more importantly the NFL Draft this April. For those gearing up for it early as well, there's a pretty interesting web site out there that has a lot of good info on the draft every year. It's none other than the Great Blue North Draft Report. You can read up on some of the prospects and make a nice early wish list as to who you would like to see drafted who could potentially help your team win a Super Bowl. Or in the Browns' case, you can come up with a nice wishlist as to who you would like to see come to Cleveland and get a major injury.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home