A Letter to LeBron James
Dear LeBron,
I'm from Cleveland. Go ahead...laugh. I'm sure that knife you drove into our back was for the hardcore fans who take things too seriously like me (sometimes). Just knowing you ruined so many people's lives over something so trivial probably made you giddy as a school boy. To be accurate, you took another piece of my heart that has been devoted to Cleveland sports since I was a little boy watching Indians' games back on Channel 43 in 1984. You didn't ruin MY life...but you certainly made things even harder for me as a sports' fan to even give two shits about professional sports in this city.
I've loved you and I've hated you this year. To be fair, I hated you before you made that decision on national TV. I couldn't believe the feeling I got out of that Boston series where it seemed like you could care less about playing like dog shit in some of those games. The writing was indeed on the wall. Shame on me for thinking it was written on Derek Rose's wall and not D-Wade's wall. But nevertheless your ego needed to prove a point. The point was, you were bigger than the Cavs and the city of Cleveland...and while you wanted a championship badly, you were too good to try and do it with the team that drafted you and bent over backwards for you since you were an 18 yr old rookie.
Further, you turned your back on a region that lived and died for its sports and hungered for a championship for 45+ years in exchange for a soul-less region of the US that has a large percentage of displaced sports' fans from other cities and multiple championships in recent memory that some folks down there have most likely taken for granted.
No matter what you think, you sold your soul to the devil and ruined your legacy. Yeah take mental notes asshole. I'm a nobody to you. I get it. You make more money in half a day than I make in a year. That makes my opinion worth a pile of dog shit to you. But I speak for a larger group of people than the shitheads that kiss your ass on your Twitter page.
Winning multiple championships in Miami with your band of dipshits (and I include Zydrunas Ilgauskaus in that group) that sold their soul to the devil like you did is not going to change the fact that your legacy was forever tarnished...even moreso than a guy like Kobe Bryant, who despite his legal troubles and unfaithfulness in marriage, was still able to man up and win without a big time sidekick with the same team that he started with.
Yeah...your mental notes are worth a bag of used up diapers. What's there to prove dude? Even those of us who can't stand you right now expect you to win a championship with that team, so what in the world do you have to prove? You're not going to prove me wrong. I know that for a fact. I expect at least a couple championship with you and your good-time buddies down there.
That's not the point. You won't be winning them in Cleveland...where we've been kicked while we've been down for decades. So while you're down in South Beach hoisting up trophies, know this: not many of us will be tuning in up here, so you can rest easy knowing that little old Cleveland is not paying attention.
In closing, I'd like to say this: you were the worst thing to happen to this basketball franchise up in Cleveland. Why? You were a mirage. We thought you really were the "Chosen One"...a local boy who would come to the Cavs and make it a desire-able place to play in the league. You were the man who would end decades of frustation and bring Cleveland championships. You even promised a championship and wouldn't go ring chasing. A lot of good those words ended up being.
Instead, you became the biggest cock tease in basketball history...a man whose name will sit atop the Cavalier record books despite not really caring one bit about the franchise, nor the city that you played for.
You sir, among all your great basketball talents and future NBA championship trophies, are a disgrace. Enjoy your charmed life. Karma is coming.
Sincerely,
Chris
Cleveland Sports' Fan

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home