CDub's Sports & Entertainment

Chris, from Bitterfans, opens up to you, the few, who somehow found this site.

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

NFL Tidbits

The NFL is treading in dangerous water now. By far the most well structured sport of the four major professional sports, the Players’ Union is starting to get a bit stubborn. Talks stalled in a new Collective Bargaining Agreement and leave this year's Free Agency period in limbo. I find this very threatening since I enjoy the NFL’s current system and I don’t want it to change much…well except I want all Cleveland fans to be paid reparations for what we’ve gone through over the last 11 years.

The main issues they are squabbling about centers around the percentage of revenues due to players. It’s not a big thing, especially since they are 4 percentage points off from their revenue agreement (the players want 60%, the NFL wants to dole out 56.3%). But what scares me is how stubborn they are going to be about this. The players and the league have a decent relationship when you compare it to the other sports. If this stirs up hard feelings, I only hope that it won’t last or else things could get much worse and I don’t ever want to see another NFL strike ever again.

Check out the link: http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-nfltalks&prov=ap&type=lgns

In combine news: Jay Cutler is skyrocketing up the draft boards and I just don’t get it. Players like this always come about. You know who they are…the guys who have impressive athletic skills, who didn’t quite dominate in college. Sure Cutler was from a weaker football program at Vanderbilt. Sure he had less talent around him than other top college QBs. But doesn’t there need to be a little caution taken with this guy? Is he really a top 5 pick???

Meanwhile, people all over the place are tearing apart Vince Young, who single-handedly stood tough against a fierce defense and got a win at Ohio State, and tore up the ‘invinsible’ USC Trojans in the National Championship game. The dude proved his worth against top talents on defense and was phenomenal in doing so. Now, because he bombed on the Wonderlich test, people are calling for his head.

I’m going on record and saying Cutler will be a bust and Young will rise above all doubters and have a damn good NFL career.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home