Should Cleveland Ever Boo LeBron?
The man who nearly saved Cleveland basketball is already one of the best NBA players in his third season at age 21. Regardless, LeBron James was booed in Cleveland during a Friday night loss to the Washington Wizards in which LeBron went 0 for 7 at the free throw line towards the end of the game to cost the Cavs a win. Is this acceptable? I find that to be a good question.It’s horrendous to see an NBA player miss that many Free Throw shots in a row, no matter who they are. But is it right to boo a player that has single-handedly revived a franchise that was on life support over the last 8 years prior to his arrival? I just don’t know. I was personally pissed off that he missed those shots. It certainly cost the Cavs the game. But I also look at it like this: don’t diss a guy who is probably being secretly courted by a handful of NBA teams trying to pry him away from our small…fragile market. Jay-Z is probably telling him right now, that the lowly Cleveland peons are ungrateful now.
It’s a fine line to cross. LeBron deserved to be booed in a way during that loss. But I’m not sure it’s right to boo the guy that everyone wants to stay in Cleveland. Sure LeBron needs to get over it. Most athletes do need to quit being so sensitive. But we don’t need to be giving this guy any ideas even if it was one game where he deserved to be chastised.
Tonight would be a good night for LeBron to put Friday night’s home game behind him and avenge the piss-poor loss the Cavs suffered yesterday against the Detroit Pistons. I for one hope he performs to his usual amazing expectations and I certainly hope the fans are grateful for the opportunity to see him get back on track.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home