(Late) Movie Review: Shaun of the Dead
I happened to see Shaun of the Dead for the first time on HBO just recently and I've seen it about 2 times since then. All I have to say is that it is a very entertaining movie if you can understand some of the deep British accents and terminology. It's not the funniest movie you'll see, but it is one of the most 'fun' movies I've seen in a while.Shaun of the Dead is about a 29 year old guy (Shaun...hence the title) who has a shit job as a electronics salesman and is just getting by in life. His friend Ed appears to be to be just scraping by as well, as his lazy roommate who lives for partying and hanging out. Shaun is also deeply in love with his girlfriend Liz, who realizes that Shaun is just a dead-end boyfriend who spends most of his time with his friend Ed at a bar called the Winchester.
Liz finally gets sick of Shaun's ways as he ruins their anniverasry dinner plans and she dumps Shaun that day. Little did they know it, something very weird was going on around them that would change their life as they knew it. As Shaun and Ed spent their last normal night partying at the Winchester as Shaun drowned his sorrows, people outside were dropping like flies right under their nose.
Without giving anything else away, Shaun of the Dead is a great mix of the horror movie genre and the comedy genre with a lot of clever things mixed into the movie. It's a well written movie that has a little bit of everything and it's worth a couple watches to catch a lot of the small clever things along the way. I give it an 8 out of 10.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home